Category: Early Learning/Pre-school
Developer: Little Bit Studio, LLC.
Average Rating from iTunes: 5
This absolutely delightful app to review. It has all that a early learning kids needs and more. It as 18 games that covers several areas including Letters, Numbers, Fine Motor, Problem solving skills. The graphics is stunning and the music complements without overtaking the app. Kids can run this app in autopilot mode where it will move the kid from one game to the other based on their success or they can just explore each game independently. One game that we haven’t seen so far is ‘sling shot’ game which is pretty cool. Kid has to use the sling shot to send the bug to the target. It is not easy for little kids but they will get a hang of it pretty fast. The others games are there in other apps but this developer did a fantastic job with the layout and design.
- Letters, Numbers, Fine Motor, Problem Solving Skills.
- Create a setting so the kids who can count wont’ rely on using the counting out loud feature in the counting game.
- Writing activities can be added to enhance the writing skills.
- If cans during the pickup and drop sorting activities that will be even better so it gives more realistic feeling.
This app is like having 18 of the $0.99 apps. It is worth every penny and it is only $2.99 at the time of this review. �This certainly going to be added to our ‘Recommended apps by IEP goals/Skills’ list.
Description from developer: ★ Best of the iPhone Education category in App Store Rewind 2011 in the US.
★ 10 Top Apps for Kids, USAToday.com
★ Screen Play App of the Week, Parenting.com
★ “An app masterpiece! It will change your expectations of what you can get in an app.”, SmartAppsForKids.com
Make fun more educational! Bugs and Buttons is a uniquely styled collection of games and activities that are entertaining and educational.
The app goes beyond simply great graphics and beautiful music by engaging children through intriguing game play that progressively adapts to their skill level. Designed to be self paced, each activity offers simple visual instructions. Offering two play modes, children can choose to be automatically guided or explore and play.
• 18 games and activities*
• 45+ minutes of fun, quirky, and beautiful music
• 40+ achievement stamps to earn or find
• Adaptive play provides challenge with less frustration
• Advanced multi-touch interactions
• Visual instructions that display and hide automatically
• Fling bees at a target flower.
• Fly a butterfly through butterfly valley (tilt to steer).
• Play tic-tac-toe with a dragonfly.
• Sort and pack buttons fresh off the factory conveyer belt.
• Race roaches across the finish grate/line.
• Remove and sort bugs infesting the button production.
• Catch bugs frantically scurrying about.
• Pick apples while dodging bees.
• Catch buttons falling off Uncle Bob’s button truck.
• Help bugs find their way through mazes.
• Finish sequences on the letter train.**
• Interactively count bugs.
• Catch colorful fireflies in a jar.***
• and more…
• Fine motor skills (i.e. pinching)
• Path finding
• and more…
Questions, comments, feedback? We’d love to hear the good and the bad.
Email us anytime at email@example.com!
* 17 games and activities for languages other than English and French.
** Letter train is only available for English and French languages.
*** No bugs were harmed during the development of this app.