pdf-notes free for iPad – Multiple uses, read the notes below
Here is a blog about how to use this tool. You may want to start there first.
Pdf Notes - If you want to write on Pdf files in iPad, this is the app for you. It is free (w/ads) but well worth it. We found several uses for the kids. The most important use for the kids is to use the iPad to complete worksheets as if they are doing it on paper. There is no restrictions on what they can do. For math they can do their work on the screen itself and answer the questions. For others you can take the worksheets and mark them. When you are doing online reading, you can highlight the words you need to remember and use it.
For little kids and kids with special needs, they can use this to match, mark and other typical worksheet tasks that they do. They can do it in this app itself. You can create PDFs either by scanning or you can make them using word or other. We usually print pretty much as pdf so it was very easy for us to use this in iPad.
Wishlist: If there is a way all the notes can be erased at once and bring back the document to the original state will be really useful for the kids as they can practice and whence done, put it back doc in the same state, so they can try again. – UPDATE eveloper Added this feature. Thank you pdf-notes.
Ability to Add text notes - Update (8/4/11): Developer Added this feature. Thank you pdf-notes.
Notes from Developer Site
Utilize pdf-notes to manage all the pdf files on your iPad. Fast display, quick page-turning even a thousand pages, useful finger-writing and email your notes to your friends.
Differentiation-1. While turning pages of paperbooks fast, you can glance over the pages. While turning pages of pdf-notes fast, you can still run over the contents. Speedy page turning and scanning the contents with pdf-notes or paperbooks.
Differentiation-2. There are many pdf readers allow you to annotate; but do you know which app allows you can write any notes in a second? If you are using pdf-notes, you may experience very fast and intuitive finger-writing like: zoom-in and note by double-tap or; writing with one finger, page-turning with two fingers, pen-changing with three fingers.
- Easy importing PDF files through (DropBox, Email or Safari’s) “Open In…” or iTunes
- Well-organized bookshelf library of PDF documents
- Displaying pages as optimized size 1024×768 of iPad
- Portrait and landscape view
- Pinch zoom and crop page-margins
- Fast loading and Speedy page-turning
- Finger-writing with a variety of pens, highlighters and erasers
- Easy “zoom-in and note” on a magnified screen by a double tap
- One-step page-turning using 2 fingers on editing mode
- One-step pen-changing or undo/redo using 3 fingers on editing mode
- Exporting annotated PDF files to Email